PDA

View Full Version : Yanks sign Joba, Hughs to one year deals

Junior
01-18-2011, 17:00
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/01/18/hughes-chamberlain-logan-get-1-yr-deals-with-yanks/

The Yankees have agreed to one-year contracts with right-handers Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain and lefty Boone Logan to avoid arbitration.

Hughes receives $2.7 million for the 2011 season, while Chamberlain will earn $1.4 million and Logan $1.2 million for the Yankees, who lost in the AL championship series to the Texas Rangers in six games a year after winning the 2009 World Series.

Hard to believe Joba and Hughes are making that little, but God bless them if they can get it. Personally I think if the Yanks can get a big prospect for Joba they should take it in a heartbeat. I've had enough of him already

The Boss
01-19-2011, 14:37
They avoided arbitration, I just hope Joba can get hot for awhile so they can dish him off somewhere. Sad to say, I remember just a few years ago I was expecting him to be the next great yankee pitcher until the Midges got him!

Jimmy from Brooklyn
01-24-2011, 07:48
Its too cold to think about baseball, but I guess thats all we got now. I for one and hopefully that Joba can put it together this year, because he has been very dissapointing the last few seasons. I dont know how much longer fans are going blame Yankee brass for mis handling him with the starting gig and awful rules from 2 years ago.