PDA

View Full Version : How overrated is Eli Manning?

Junior
07-23-2010, 04:47
I think if you take away a certain stretch of games that ended with their Super bowl a few years ago, you really just have a mediocre QB with no more success then most other average QB's floating around the league. He doesn't seem to be particularly good under pressure and he's extremely unimpressive most of the time. As a Jet fan I would not trade Sanchez for him, all things considered. I know that Giant fans will probably think that is crazy but it's the truth. I'd be interested in seeing if any of you Giant fans would like to see someone else at QB.

Jimmy from Brooklyn
07-24-2010, 23:06
He's an average QB. After last year, if it were just for the upcoming season I might even take Favre, of course that is only for the one season, I'd want Manning back unless I could get somebody younger

The Boss
11-30-2010, 16:45
You're right, Eli's never been a top QB but outside the elite he is as good as any.

Jersey John
12-02-2010, 17:40
I've had enough of him already

Ncrypsion
12-03-2010, 23:32
To be honest he is not that great of a QB with all the other talent out there already. I've even got somewhat sick of him in my commercials, but the one Super bowl he did win was just... unbelievable. To answer your question though, he is very overrated and I can't wait until they pick a new quarter back to advertise... :sarcasm: but I bet it's going to be Drew Brees anyway. :/

goldmine
12-06-2010, 01:28
Eli is just okay. I think he is not doing great lately but I still prefer him to other quarterbacks

samantha
12-07-2010, 16:38
Eli will get stronger and more confident as time goes on. He had a very strong personality in Shockey humming in his ear to throw him the ball. It is no coincidence that when Shockey went down Eli improved his game. He no longer needed to stroke the "Ego" of Shockey and look for him 1st on every passing play, because he was the so-called "play maker" of the offense. Instead he was able to go throw the natrual WR looks and find the open man on a three to five count rhythm. While Shockey was his first look and most of the time double covered or checked at the line by the time Eli could look at his other Wides, it was too late and the pressure cased a sack or INT. Trade Shockey for a 1st rounder ahead of America's Team and steal Dallas' pick.

spiderman12463
12-07-2010, 22:46
Eli is progressing nicely! Remember his 1st year, everyone hated him and wished Kerry Collins would play, now those days are behind him! as years go by maybe he will be like his brother, who now is deteriarating and getting older!

deannatroupe
12-08-2010, 18:29
Oh my goodness, don't even get me started on this topic. Now, being a Bulldog fan, I'm a little biased, but I'm truthfully tired of all of the Eli Manning hype. It's getting really old. Don't even get me started on Drew Brees. It would be nice to see them promote a minority the way they promote the Eli Mannings of the world, but I guess that's just wishful thinking.

The Boss
12-08-2010, 18:46
Drew Brees is over rated?

deannatroupe
12-21-2010, 03:28
I am not saying he's over rated. I'm just tired of hearing about him. I was sick of hearing about Drew Brees when he was in college.

The Boss
12-27-2010, 16:35
Yesterdays game shows again that Eli is not a top QB. 24 INts?? Awful

west
12-27-2010, 22:25
Some QBs make players around them better, other QBs need to have the right players surround them to click. Eli is the latter.