+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Knicks fans have no luck!

Hybrid View

Cool Knicks fans have no luck!

If you're a New York Knicks fan, you have got to be feeling down on your luck. With the NBA lockout ready to go into November, the chances of a season happening in 2011 are becoming more slim by the day.

And that is more frustrating than I can express.

After a decade of ineptitude, the Knicks finally have a winning product taking the floor for them. The additions of Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony have given the Knicks new credibility and certainly a better chance for an NBA title.

The Knicks are quite possibly half a season away from adding another big piece to rival Miami's "Big Three."

If you combine that with the fact that no team in the NBA has broken the hearts of their fans more than the Knicks have in the past 20 years, you can start to see where I'm coming from when I say Knicks fans have no luck.

Whether it's an in-and-out finger roll, 2-for-18 shooting performances or eight points in nine seconds, heartbreak has been the only consistency coming out of the Knicks for a long time.

Now with something to look forward to this season and beyond, Knicks fans have a new hope for an NBA Championship. A new hope that the painful memories of the past can be erased with just one ring.

Clearly, that can't happen if the NBA season is cancelled. And it figures, just as the Knicks are relevant again, this happens. The bad luck and misfortune of Knicks fans around the globe will continue at least until the end of November.

The bigger question may be, "Will this hurt the Knicks with their fans?"

The answer to that is a resounding, "no!" It's been too long since fans have had something to cheer for, and there is nothing that can pry a true Knicks fan away from his team when they have a chance to win.

So if and when the season does eventually start, whether this year or next, don't expect to see an empty seat in the house. Despite the heartache Knicks fans have suffered, they'll be ready for the first game of the season.

Whenever that may be.

@michaelmoraitis

Lets see how long this work stoppage drags out. I am a Knicks fan but also a NBA fan in general. The NBA had its most buzz worthy season in at least a decade, probably longer, and they follow it up with a work stoppage. They should ask the NHL how that worked out for them. Its a frustrating time to be a NBA fan.

At least the Nets were not due to open in Brooklyn this year. That's in 2012 right? That's one less team losing money to worry about. I think the Nets wills do great in Bk.

+ Reply to Thread