+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Mike's On" General Discussion

"Mike's On" General Discussion

I have the idea for a thread that allows everyone to make comments about Mike's On. This would be things that are not thread worthy and just random comments. The comments can be able specific callers, Mike's reactions, or just things in general about the show.

There have been a lot of instances where I wanted to talk about the show, but knew my comments were not worthy of a thread, so for everyone who is like me, let's use this thread to make our random comments.
    @KillaKaelb

@WFanWWEFans

Yankees

WWE

Good idea here, Francesa is usually good for getting people going a few times every show.

Visit Mike Francesa.net!

This is a great idea.

I like how before the Rex Ryan interview he was saying how you couldn't put the Jets season to bed until HE interviewed Rex. haha

Nice thread idea. Should be a cornucopia of Mike tidbits and criticisms.

I like how Mike misses the boat sometimes. Two of his more recent things... Rain will slow down the more explosive team so it helps the 49ers. In reality they both play in the same conditions so the same edge is there but both teams are slightly slower. The rain actually favors the Giants pass game cause defense is reactive and the Giants receivers are more likely to get that extra step and be open on occasion. They have the better receiving corp so the edge goes to them. The surer footing belongs to the ones who know where they are going not the ones trying to read and react.

Mike keeps saying that he would take Darrelle Revis over Jason Pierre-Paul because he is the most irreplaceable talent of the two. Maybe it is harder to find another Darrelle Revis but you can't reason like that. JPP is still getting better actually but aside from that, the bottom line is he can disrupt both the pass and run and his position is involved in more plays. You can't take the player who's position you can avoid by throwing to the other side of the field and is not largely involved in run defense(if Darelle is making a bunch of run stops you know you have a problem). Even if you say Darrelle is better and he is the best at his position in the whole league it doesn't change which position is more involved and more important to have filled. Two great players but you choose based on how hard to replace instead of how valuable it is on the field.

Don't quite get the thought processes sometimes Mike

I am curious what Mike will open up with today. It should be the Giants win, but it would not surprise me if he talked about Paterno.
    @KillaKaelb

@WFanWWEFans

Yankees

WWE

Anyone listening to Francesa should update that super bowl trivia thread with the answers when you can. Thanks.

It seems like the phones die at least once a day when they are doing a trivia contest.
    @KillaKaelb

@WFanWWEFans

Yankees

WWE

I always think it is hilarious when Mike stumps a guy that sounds like he is cheating.
    @KillaKaelb

@WFanWWEFans

Yankees

WWE

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKaelb View Post
    I always think it is hilarious when Mike stumps a guy that sounds like he is cheating.
    I do enjoy that, especially when you can hear the caller flipping pages or typing.

I also enjoy the stupid things people say while they are looking things up but trying to pretend they are just thinking really hard.

Yesterday there were about 4 guys in a row and they all missed the audio. Mike then went off on a tangent about how the people shouldn't listen to the internet and they will always stump the internet.
    @KillaKaelb

@WFanWWEFans

Yankees

WWE

Mike is chastising the callers that give an answer thats online, and says we shouldnt trust them, and then immediatley says thats sometimes they are right, but they are also wrong at other times. If you admit they are right sometimes then why tell people not to trust us??

Visit Mike Francesa.net!

Where was Mike yesterday? I didn't hear any warning he was taking off, and that trivia contest lost a lot with joe and Evan doing it, no offense

Isn't he going to be in Indy this week? I bet he was flying there.
    @KillaKaelb

@WFanWWEFans

Yankees

WWE

I didnt hear Mike say he was going to be off on Friday. I was expecting him in to give away the last trip. No reason to fly during your work shift just so you can be 3 days early for your first show in Indy on Monday

Visit Mike Francesa.net!

Well maybe he was set to leave early. "The NFL Now" is on now on YES, and it says it was recorded on 1/26 which was thursday. Seems likely that he was getting out of town soon after

Visit Mike Francesa.net!

He said he was on Florida on Saturday, so I guess he took off on Friday.
    @KillaKaelb

@WFanWWEFans

Yankees

WWE

I never like the Super Bowl week on Mike Show. This is a fan week, and he spends %90 of air time interviewing people, many of which we don't care anything about.

Visit Mike Francesa.net!

Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    I never like the Super Bowl week on Mike Show. This is a fan week, and he spends %90 of air time interviewing people, many of which we don't care anything about.
    I agree. Not to mention each guest is always there to plug some ridiculous and/or lame event. Each interview is the same, answer some questions about the past, give a couple of general uninsightful statements about the superbowl then spend three minutes plugging the "Dr. Pepper race for overweight kids football in urban yet affluent areas challenge".

I hate the two weeks before the superbowl. Its just too long and too much filler.

Nature of the beast. They were the first(M & MD) to go down there before radio row really existed. Now it is a big thing that all know about and use to promote stuff. So, everyone is aligned with someone now and are going to be plugging something. We will never get those days back where they would go down Super Bowl week and it would be good cause you had such a great collection of announcers/players/stars at one place. It isn't even radio row but practically a TV show and everyone is snapped up by "sponsors" so they can make the rounds and plug away. Like so much in sports these days, something good got bigger, exploited, and ruined.

At least Dog was on with Mike for about ten minutes. Something we wouldn't normally get.

Yea I heard Mike and the Moddog back together today! What was that about?!

I heard Maddog in the background yelling yesterday. I didnt think Dog was allowed on. I remember Mike saying he tried to get Dog on after the SF Giants won the series, but it wasnt allowed.

Visit Mike Francesa.net!

I know this is about 2 weeks late, but he was on Boomer and Carton, so I am not sure why he couldn't be on with Mike.
    @KillaKaelb

@WFanWWEFans

Yankees

WWE

Bumping the old Mikey general discussion thread here. Looking at the schedule Ed Randall is on 9/2 so the NFL Now won't start until 9/9. Weird that the season will have started, a nice game involving one of the local teams will have been played already, and the NFL Now will be playing catch up a bit. The Beach Party has passed, football about a week away, and end of Mike's vacation time means the fall is here!

Cant have the NFL now with no games on the schedule for the day. Its a gameday show

Visit Mike Francesa.net!

The NFL in action sure but I don't buy it for NFL now. A nice preview would work just fine. Nice for us here since Cowboys - Giants is a nice game here. Nothing stopping him from some coach interviews which are usually taped, or taking calls, Phil Simms, or most of what he does. Just switch to an overview/preview of the divisions and still lay out the week one schedule just drop the weather and injury reports. All the magazines have preview issues. ESPN and sports networks have preview shows. A preview show would be nice. Having a local segment before the game for people to call in would be nice. It is an idea and I'm thinking outside the box, though not very much. Besides they get to charge more ad revenue on that show don't they. FAN should be on board

+ Reply to Thread