+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evan Roberts sucks

Evan Roberts sucks

I get it bro, you can pronounce obscure Venezuelan baseball names and you go to every Mets game. You try to be funny and you're not.

He only has a job because his mom performs felatio on Mark Chernoff....

Greg Gianotti and Joe is a much much better listen.
    Last edited by d-o double; 08-31-2012 at 14:22. Reason: because I am Bush league

I said the same thing last week. Made a point to listen to Gianotti/Joe. Each time Gianotti comes back here, on his vacation I believe, he does a show or two with Joe. Always is better than Joe and Evan.

Evan certainly is one that has had a chance to improve but really hasn't. Just okay but not anything special and any talk of him being the future of the station is sad commentary as far as WFAN is concerned.

My current issue with Evan is why is he on Saturday mornings? He has trouble filling air time and comes up with weak show opens esp. on his own. He repeats too much stuff he already says on the Thursday/Friday shows. If FAN now has a third Phenom winner, and they kept the first two, why don't they open up this 10-1 Sat. slot to Sussman or Jastremski? Hard to fit the third one in as well and Evan never deserved the sixth day when he got it and hasn't done anything with it since. Time to give the new blood some time that is not overnight. I know I like Sussman best, then Jastremski a bit less, then Evan.

One thing I learned listening to Gianotti and Joe is that Telemundo is on the main monitor during the Benigno/Roberts show. Why not pay full attention to your radio show. Maybe have a monitor tuned to something sports that maybe something comes on the screen that gives you an idea for a topic so your show is not so repetitive and narrow minded.

We know that management over at the FAN seems fine with them having Spanish soaps on during their show so they can check out chicks. They can do what they want there and don't have come prepared to gives us their best effort in doing a radio show and it certainly shows. I think things need to change there from the top down. Gianotti could come there and he would, after a while, end up giving half-hearted efforts as well esp. if paired with Joe B. This is the guy who's dream it was to get on the air on the FAN and now gives an attitude when covering Mike's slot like he had something better to do. Joe from Saddle River doing the drive time slot on WFAN and talking "in for Mike...again" in an ingrate-like tone. Most of us would give almost anything to have that job yet he sounds so put out. The Beningo from the overnights is long gone.

The station that used to change the midday to much/too quickly for me now let's this show go on and on and get more and more complacent. This will happen with sports teams and it will also happen with a radio team. The manger is supposed to then give them a kick in the pants. Time for Joe and Evan to get their kick in the ass.
    Last edited by fansince87; 08-29-2012 at 17:22.

Welcome to the site D-O. Thanks for posting, and I hope you check back in soon, but we can't have to talking about anybodies mom like that. It would be super if you edited that out and replaced it with something a little bit less bush league. thanks.

Visit Mike Francesa.net!

Quote Originally Posted by fansince87 View Post
    I said the same thing last week. Made a point to listen to Gianotti/Joe. Each time Gianotti comes back here, on his vacation I believe, he does a show or two with Joe. Always is better than Joe and Evan.

Evan certainly is one that has had a chance to improve but really hasn't. Just okay but not anything special and any talk of him being the future of the station is sad commentary as far as WFAN is concerned.

My current issue with Evan is why is he on Saturday mornings? He has trouble filling air time and comes up with weak show opens esp. on his own. He repeats too much stuff he already says on the Thursday/Friday shows. If FAN now has a third Phenom winner, and they kept the first two, why don't they open up this 10-1 Sat. slot to Sussman or Jastremski? Hard to fit the third one in as well and Evan never deserved the sixth day when he got it and hasn't done anything with it since. Time to give the new blood some time that is not overnight. I know I like Sussman best, then Jastremski a bit less, then Evan.

One thing I learned listening to Gianotti and Joe is that Telemundo is on the main monitor during the Benigno/Roberts show. Why not pay full attention to your radio show. Maybe have a monitor tuned to something sports that maybe something comes on the screen that gives you an idea for a topic so your show is not so repetitive and narrow minded.

We know that management over at the FAN seems fine with them having Spanish soaps on during their show so they can check out chicks. They can do what they want there and don't have come prepared to gives us their best effort in doing a radio show and it certainly shows. I think things need to change there from the top down. Gianotti could come there and he would, after a while, end up giving half-hearted efforts as well esp. if paired with Joe B. This is the guy who's dream it was to get on the air on the FAN and now gives an attitude when covering Mike's slot like he had something better to do. Joe from Saddle River doing the drive time slot on WFAN and talking "in for Mike...again" in an ingrate-like tone. Most of us would give almost anything to have that job yet he sounds so put out. The Beningo from the overnights is long gone.

The station that used to change the midday to much/too quickly for me now let's this show go on and on and get more and more complacent. This will happen with sports teams and it will also happen with a radio team. The manger is supposed to then give them a kick in the pants. Time for Joe and Evan to get their kick in the ass.
    I couldn't agree more about the Saturday spot. Weekends are a good time to hear other talent that the station has. Unfortunately I get the impression that they want Evan to have it so people don't like someone more and create a stink.

And how Marc Malusis is given carte blanche on all the big fill-in spots is ridiculous. He is almost unlistenable. I also agree about Sussman or Jastremski, give them some fill-in opportunities, can't be as bad as Malusis

I think WFan lost some of its better talent over the last years. I thought Chris Carlin ( With or without Kim Jones) was great,as was Adam the Bull. If either of them was on in place of the Moose all summer I would have listened. But as far as Evan Roberts goes, I basically can't listen to him because of the Nets and Met talk. Met talk I understand at least, but talking nets, especially when Its not even Basketball season should be stopped.

Used to dislike Evan only cause he took Sids spot, who was the life, soul and energy of the FAN before he screwed up..Evan should be on in Somers spot. Put Somers back on the overnites, dump Malusis who is like listening to "nails on a blackboard" plus hes not that bright..Benigno phones it in lately, and prefers Evan run the show and he always has the last word. Joe probably forgot more than Evan knew. You cant have a guy on in prime morining time at not remember the 86 Mets only on tape..They were never a good fit IMHO...FAN doesnt want personalities anymore. How bout giving update guys a chance. Heussler, Ackerman and Mike McCann..Its quite obvious Evan got where he is because of his family..I think his future is in broadcasting for Nets or even Mets like Howie did..FAN bench is non existent and then Benigno complains when he fills in for Francesca..Hey when Sids WMEN contract is up lets welcome him back with open arms and get some life back on the FAN..

+ Reply to Thread